Do You Want a Pilot?

Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Serenity Scrappers is having another layout challenge!  I don't make many layouts but have challenged myself to do my very best to complete them whenever Serenity Scrappers has a layout challenge.  That way, I do get some pages added to my album through the year!!  I am up to my eyeballs in research and homework, so this was a wonderful excuse to take some time out to preserve some sanity too!!  (I apologize for being behind in my blogging.  I hope to find some time next week to visit more than I have been.)

The challenge this time is to make a 12x12 layout and use inks and punches to create it.  I made this layout using a photo of my father holding me when we lived in Netheravon, Wiltshire.  The computer-generated title of my layout is "Do You Want a Pilot?" which has a double meaning here.  My father was a pilot in the Royal Army Medical Corps (Britain) and he also loved to sing a little song to me, "Do You Want a Pilot?" (which actually refers to a pilot of ship).

I used papers from My Mind's Eye and kraft cardstock.  I inked all my edges with Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin' Up.  The borders, squares, butterflies, layered flowers, hearts and corners were all cut using a variety of punches.  I also added some pink pearls and a bit of hemp to finish things off.

18 comments

Kel said...

beautiful layout.. beautiful story. It's such a great great picture to have. I love the pinks and blues and browns together.. and SO totally love the heart and the butterflies cascading.. really really nice. Thanks for joining the challenge, it's feels good to know we inspire others to create such lovely things

Linda Kaiser said...

So beatuiful! You did a great job scrapbbooking this special moment with your dad!

Love the colors and papers.

Linda

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww what a sweet layout. Love the photo of you and your Dad. The colors you chose are beautiful. :)

Linda S said...

Beautiful!! I love the story that goes with it...very touching!! Hope all the research and such goes well and you get back to posting as I love to follow your work! Thanks for sharing.

Natasha said...

What a beautiful layout. Simple and sweet. The back story is beautiful!

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate and awesome, awesome layout. What a fantastic picture of your and Dad! Just awesome. You did an amazing job. I don't know why you don't do more layouts.

The color choice is fantastic!! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Laurie

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful memories...how precious you were! Love the layout and color palette!

Rhonda Emery said...

what a great and beautiful way to treasure your memories of you and your dad. it is just so sweet kate. love it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out Kate! Love the colors on this! Great photo!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Kate! What a really sweet and pretty layout!

Tracey said...

Beautiful layout Kate......I love how you have kept embelishments simple, so the focus is on the photo. The trail of hearts and butterflies is really pretty.

Rhonda Emery said...

kate could you please email me at semery@classicnet.net I have a question for you

April said...

Very nice layout. I love the colors and the story behind the layout.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Kate, this is just breathtaking -from the photo to the memory to your colors and layout! Just divine! I bet it was nice to scrap an old photograph of the two of you - so sweet! Beautifully done! Big hugs to you!

Emily said...

What a great lo! It is truly beautiful :)

Tara said...

I love the colours in this layout! Just beautiful!
Tara

Maria Elena said...

Well Kate.... maybe you don't like to work to much in LO, but you are as good as you are on your cards ;-) Lovely

Maria Elena ~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh this is just a beautiful layout and photo. What a sweet memory you have of your dad and I love the why you've recorded it. :) And you were a super adorable baby too!! :)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>