Pool Time!

Monday, July 4, 2011
This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is Pool Time:  create a water-themed project.  I knew right away that I wanted to use the sweet little "water dog" from Paper Pups for this one.

I cut the card base using Wrap It Up (welded with my Gypsy) and the blue mat from George and Basic Shapes.  I embossed the mat with D'Vine Swirls too.  I did a fair bit of inking and used a Peachy Keen stamp for the eyes.  I added some doodling all over and Glossy Accents to the pup's nose and duck's beak.  I also gave the duck some little black gem eyes.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Sweet Sentiment Set #1 and cut out with a Stampin' Up punch.  I also added a little bit of My Craft Spot baker's twine to the button by the sentiment and finished everything off with some wonderful crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot

If your weather is anything like ours, Pool Time is a perfect theme for this time of year!  Please head over to Fantabulous Cricut to see the wonderful projects created by the rest of the design team - and link up your own water-themed project!

If you have not yet entered my Canada Day Blog Hop giveaway, there is still time! 
(Click HERE to go to the blog hop post.)
EVERYBODY is invited to participate.  You have until Tuesday at midnight to submit your comment to be eligible to win one of two $15 gift certificates from My Craft Spot

Finally, I am back to class today for full-time studies through the month of July.  While I certainly hope to be able to make blog visits, my time will be especially limited this month and I might not be able to make my regular rounds.  I'll be by whenever I can though!  I love to see your creations!

22 comments

Jayne said...

Hi Kate,your Pup is adorable.I love all the inking and doodling.Great card.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! Hope your having a wonderful 4th of July!

Sarah said...

How adorable! This cut is fabulous :) love all your doodlings and little extras.

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Kate!

You card is adorable!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a cute little pup! I love the patterned paper and that soft pretty shade of blue.

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww this one made me smile. Love the embossed paper. And thanks so much for entering my gift bag challenge. :)

BugBites said...

Kate- this is sooo cute!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Kate, this is sooooooo sweet! I love that pup! All your inking makes a big impact and well worth the time and of course that bow sets the whole card off! Such a fun challenge this week! Good Luck with your classes!

Anonymous said...

Such a CUTE card!!! I love it! :-)


-Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com
SamanthaJDesigns.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo SWEET!I love that cute pup and the embossing,AWESOME job as always!:)

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate - love what you have done with your blog, sooooo adorable.

This card is soo sweet. Of course that ribbon, love it!!! I love the sweet pup and the duck, awesome job!!! Love the shape of the card as well.

Laurie

Unknown said...

Such a cute cute card!!! Looks like my silly puppy who is sitting in my lap right now. :)

Arlene said...

Kate, this is super cute! I love the shape of the card. :)

Arlene.

Karen said...

This card is adorable! I love the puppy and his duck floatie. I also love the colors you picked and the embossing. I'm your newest follower. :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

I am way behind in catching up with this very long move and home improvement projects taking the forefront. This is super cute and what a perfect image for the theme. Hope all is well!

Lisa said...

I absolutely love this card, Kate! The puppy is so adorable! I really want that cart! I love how you embossed the water background and the unique edges! Beautiful card :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super adorable!!!!

Georgiana said...

Dogs are my favorite and there is no exception to this card. It is wonderful. My dog will lay next to the pool, but she does not care for water (and she is part lab).

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

April said...

This dog is the cutest thing! Your card layout is great. Love it!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

This is so adorable!! I love how you did the eyes on the dog!

Kimberly

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Kate, what a super cute, fun and cool card...love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>