Basketball Birthday Boy

Friday, October 4, 2013
I'm so pleased to be sharing a project over at My Craft Spot today - and am posting it here on my blog as well. My youngest nephew recently turned four years old.  He absolutely loves basketball so when I saw the little character from the new Create a Friend cartridge, I knew it would be perfect for my nephew's card, especially as I found a little basketball set to give him too.



The Create a Friend character actually has a 1 on his shirt so I used my Gypsy to switch things to a 4, in order to match my nephew's age.  I used a Peachy Keen face for the little guy's face.  Both the blue and white mats were embossed with a QuicKutz polka-dot folder.


The Happy Birthday! sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Inside & Out - Set #2.  I used one of the dies from the My Craft Spot Tiny Banners and Toppers metal dies for the little pennants at the side.  I finished things off with some fun enamel dots from my wonderful friend Susie of Susie Craft Happy.  (Thanks again, Susie.  I am LOVING these enamel dots!)

7 comments

snappy scrappy said...

Super sporty and cute!!

cricaholic said...

Oh My...That is Adorable!!
I'm going to have to get that cart.

Sherrie K. said...

Fun card Kate! the little basketball dude is so cute! Love the pennants on the side and the embossing looks awesome!
Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable! Love the pennants!

Debbie said...

This is super cute!! Your nephew will love it!!

Bobby said...

He is such a cutie, Kate. I love the pennants and the embossed background.

Scrapper69 said...

That turned out so CUTE Kate! I know your nephew is only 4 but I'm sure he loved it! But I bet he loved the basketball set you gave him even more! :o) Kids! LOL :o)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>