Easter Card

Monday, April 7, 2014

We're getting ready for Easter at My Craft Spot and this week's challenge will give you a chance to work on your Easter projects too!


I decided to create a card for my project.  A number of weeks ago, KaDoodle Bug Designs was giving away a wonderful He is Risen cut file.  As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I also used a file from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons for the centre panel step card base.  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the cross and the tuft of grass before I assembled the little scene.  I stamped the cloud background with a Peachy Keen stamp.  For the grass, I cut two layers of dark green cardstock (to match the stems of the sweet little flowers) and used one of the My Craft Spot Fancy Edges metal dies along the top of each.  I also used a little stamp from Jar Full of Flowers on the grass too.



The sentiment I chose is actually from My Craft Spot's Joy Filled Christmas - but it's just perfect for Easter too!  I stamped a bit at a time on the white circle which was cut using the original Tiny Doilies set.  The orange layer behind it was cut using a die from Tiny Doilies 2.

Please head over to My Craft Spot to see what the rest of the design team has created - and to link up your own Easter project!  Easter is such a joyous time and I can't wait to see what you make!

12 comments

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Beautiful card Kate! I love the step card and the beautiful, moving scene you created. The cross looks wonderful and the scripture sentiment is so full of meaning and so perfect for your sweet card - beautiful work!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Kate! I love this sentiment with the die cut you used! What a wonderful reminder of Easter and our Savior. :)

Bobby said...

Wow, this is such an ambitious card, Kate. The details are amazing and I can see this sitting on a table as a reminder of the true meaning of the Easter season.

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

what a beautiful card my friend love it. hugs

Karen said...

My dear friend, this is such a beautiful creation and a lovely reminder of what this blessed holiday is about! The cross looks amazing! I love all of your detailing, from the stamped grass (brilliant) to the Christmas-for-Easter stamp in the sunshiny doily! Everything is gorgeous. I hope your day is filled with all things beautiful, Kate! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Migdalia said...

The stamped sentiment is just lovely!!! Such a beautiful card. you did an AMAZING job my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

jessica said...

This is beautiful Kate!!! What a GREAT Easter card!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just such a beautiful Easter creation and everything that Easter is about.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Life and Knits said...

Kate this card is lovely! Perfect for Easter. Great message!

Susie

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous card!

Scrapper69 said...

This is beautiful Kate.... I love the step card... it makes the cross just stand out even more.... lovely sentiment too... :o)

~Tammy~ said...

What a beautiful Easter card Kate! Love the step card!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>