Yeti Birthday Card

Friday, April 25, 2014

It's my DT day over at My Craft Spot and I'm sharing a fun card I made for a colleague (who has become a good friend too).  We have a running joke between us about yetis and mustaches - so I made her a card with a yeti with a mustache!  I love being about to use my Cricut and Silhouette to make such personalized creations.


The yeti is from Campin' Critters (as is the mustache), although I brought the images into my Silhouette software in order to easily add the mustache to create an offset shadow.  I used the Fancy Edges metal dies set to cut the purple layers at the bottom of my card, embossing the top layer with Cuttlebug's Spots and Dots folder.


The sentiment is from Stamping All Around Spring - as are the footprints.  (They're supposed to be for sweet baby feet but they go well with the Big Foot idea too!!)  I used three different dies from the Tiny Doilies metal dies set for my sentiment as well.


I finished my card by adding some Perfectly Purple sequins.  Tiffany LOVES her card and has it display on her desk.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful day!

7 comments

Migdalia said...

Love the decor of the purple and sequins!
Totally cute, COOL and SUPER fun!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

jessica said...

This is so super ADORABLE Kate!!! LOVE the colors and that Yeti is cute as can be with his stash!
Such a GREAT birthday card!!
AWESOME job!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This looks so super fun Kate, the mustache is cute! Carri~Abusybee

~Tammy~ said...

So stinkin' Cute Kate! Love this to bits! Your projects are always smiles in the making! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

My dear friend, I'm always one happy camper when you post! :o) Your creative projects just bring a smile to my face! (As well as everyone else's!) The sweet inspiration is evident, as it is obvious this adorable yeti came about for a reason! The purple shoes, fun sentiment (LOVE that you used the huge and baby feet for the yeti!), and whimsical background are sure to be treasured long after your friend's special day. Amazing design as always, Kate! Have a blessed and beautiful weekend!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Bobby said...

I'm glad you explained the reason behind the yeti. He's cute but not something one would ordinarily put on a card. You've put so many details on the card that make it special.

Scrapper69 said...

That is ADORABLE Kate! What a Fun Card.... What a nice way to add sequins.... :o)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>