You're a Hoot!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Monday! We had an incredibly busy weekend - but one that was full of fun too! My youngest guy turned 12 on Saturday so we had a great time celebrating with him. On Sunday, we took part in a "dog transport" and helped deliver a rescue dog to an agency that has a new home lined up for him. It was a joy to help - especially as that same agency had a dog for us!! We adopted a sweet little 2-year old cockapoo. He's already found his way into our hearts. He needs some training which we've started already and he's a fast learner. It must be the poodle in him! (His tag says Kobi, but we've renamed him Guilder. Guilder will be getting a new tag later this week.) And today is my daughter's 20th birthday! Happy birthday, Erin!!


I returned to work last Monday and have been busy getting ready for the students' return next Tuesday.  This week's challenge at My Craft Spot is all about "Back to School" and I've made a little card to give to my youngest on his first day. He starts a new school next week. Usually, I tuck cards into his lunch but I'm thinking


The owl is a file (#64830) from the Silhouette store. Using the offset feature and a rectangle, I created a card base. I used some notebook pattern paper and gave it even more of a notebook feel with the use of one of My Craft Spot's Fancy Edges metal dies. I then used a sentiment from Tiny Tags 3 to stamp "You're a Hoot!" in the bottom corner.


Please head over to My Craft Spot to see what the rest of the design team has created - and to link up your own "Back to School" project!

7 comments

Pamellia said...

This is so much fun! What a fantastic image and of course, the perfect sentiment! Love it :)

Lisa said...

Guilder is so adorable!! I've always had poodles and they are so smart!! Your card is adorable!! The owl is so cute!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

Congrats on your newest addition to the family Kate! Guilder is a CUTIE!!!!Wishing your kiddos a happy birthday as well!
Love your adorable card too!!!
AWESOME job!!

Life and Knits said...

Adorable!!! Love your new addition.

Love the card Kate!

Susie

Bobby said...

I don't know what's cuter, Kate, that owl or Guilder. Congrats on your new addition.

~Tammy~ said...

Your card is so adorable! I'm clueless about all these cool features. Your card s a class act!

Congrats in your adorable new addition! Happy happy birthday to your kiddos!

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaaw, Guilder is so adorable! What a great addition to your family! Super cute card Kate:)
Happy birthday to your kids! Hope they had a great day!
Sherrie K

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>