Hello Friend

Sunday, March 20, 2016
This week's CAS-ology challenge is "Doodle". For my card, I pulled out my Stampendous Flutterfly Friends stamp set. It's one of the very first (if not the first) stamp sets I ever owned! The images on this set have a fun doodle look to them so I figured they would meet the challenge theme.


I cut a mat slightly more narrow than my notelet-sized card base (3.5 x 5 inches). I then stamped a bee, its path and the sentiment. I coloured the bee by diluting some blue for the wings and painting them with a brush. For the black and yellow, I used my Zig markers to scribble.


I liked the first card so much (and also liked how fast it was to create) that I decided to make another to have on hand in my card stash. For my second card, I stamped the butterfly and sentiment, coloured the butterfly and then added the frame created using Simon Says Stamp's stitched circle dies. Done!

6 comments

Jen W. said...

You're right - these are absolutely adorable and so perfect for our challenge! Love the scribbly coloring on the bee and the perfect round frame for the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, yes, I can see why you started out stamping with that set! Adorable images! Eek! (I love that bee!) I love how you colored it, too...kind of scribbly-doodle style! Thanks for joining us at CASology with TWO great CAS cards!

Scrapper69 said...

Adorable Image!! fab CAS Cards!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Kate!! I love both of your cards. The bee one is my favorite. I love how you painted him in. Super cute. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

I love both of these cards! They are so happy and "springy"!

Bobby said...

Both of your cards are so darling, Kate. I love the little flight stamp that gives movement.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>