Warmest Christmas Wishes

Saturday, March 5, 2016
Hello for the second time today! I've seen a few blogs where people make Christmas cards through the year and have always thought that was a great idea. I came across Merry Monday earlier this week and decided to add it to my favourites in order to motivate me to get going on my Christmas cards!


This week's challenge is "tropical". At first, I drew a complete blank but then came up with an idea. My sister's name is Joanna, but I call her Kami - a nickname derived from camel. I always give her camel-themed or related gifts and cards. I found the fun camel image at bulkcolor.com and added a Santa hat from Miss Kate Cuttables. The palm tree is one I found online on Pinterest (the link to the original image is no longer valid).


The frame was cut using Stitched Rectangle dies from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment is computer generated. I used distress inks to create the sand and sky background. The frame, camel and palm tree are all popped for a bit of dimension.

I'm so happy with how this card turned out - and am delighted that it's only March and I already have my sister's card ready for Christmas!

10 comments

Bonnie said...

This seems to be a perfect card for your sister, Kate! What a fun camel! I'm so glad you found us at Merry Monday!

Elizabeth said...

Your lucky sister is going to love this card! The camel and palm tree are terrific!

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you paired these images together to make your card, so fun. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday, glad to see you there.

Bobby said...

I was stumped by the theme too, Kate, but you've made the perfect tropical Christmas card, made more special by the fact it has a recipient in mind. Your sister will get a kick out of it I'm sure.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I think most of us were stumped! I'm sure your sister will love it! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

jessica said...

such an adorable card Kate!
That camel is so CUTE!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card! Love the camel!!!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Sherrie K. said...

Another adorable card Kate! Such a great design~how fun to start on Christmas cards~ I should do the same...I know come November I would be thrilled I did :)

Bobby said...

Congrats on getting an honorable mentions at Merry Monday, Kate. You're on your way!

Scrapper69 said...

You have been crafting away!!! LOVE the design, such a cute Christmas card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>