Everything Will Be Okay

Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Jan is hosting at Little Red Wagon again this week, and she'd like to see our leftovers! We've been invited to either post a project that was made for a previous event but not posted, or a project created with scraps. I decided to post a project that I made earlier this year but did not post.


As many of you know, I lost my husband earlier this year. While dealing with his illness, I was reassured that I would be okay - and that everything would be okay. This does not mean that everything would be good. In fact, everything was awful, horrible and terrifying. But I held on to the promise that God was with us and that everything, in the end, would be okay. And even though we continue to grieve, and even though everything has changed and is nothing at all like it should be, everything is okay. We are blessed with the support of so many that I can face each new day - even when I don't know how I'll find the strength to manage. If you look closely, you'll see that I added my name to the top line, although chose to keep it in black ink so it wouldn't stand out too much.


I found the idea for my project on Pinterest and followed the link to a post created by another Kate (found HERE).  I created my art digitally and purchased a frame from HomeSense - my favourite store!! My art is sitting on the table by my front entrance so each day, as I'm heading out and as I'm coming back in, I am reminded that everything will be okay. The card beside the frame is the memorial card that we handed out at my husband's Celebration of Life.

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what leftovers the rest of the Girlfriends have posted - and then link up your own projects for the challenge!

I'm also going to link up my project in this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Not a Card.

15 comments

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Kate!
I am so sorry for your loss!! I've been in my own little world and not blog visiting for many months and did now know you had lost your husband. My heart breaks for you. I'm thankful that you've had good support and that you know God's comfort. I will be praying for you!

Brenda said...

Kate, this is beyond beautiful!

Scrapper69 said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL Kate! I still can't imagine what you could possibly be going through... but this is uplifting and certainly a reminder to those of us who need that little piece of sanity that things will be okay, no matter what the circumstances may be. I still pray for you and your children in hopes that every day will get a little bit easier for all of you. Big Hugs, dear friend!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

JanR said...

So touching....both the project and the post. Thank you for sharing it with us. Hugs, Girlfriend.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a lovely creation and even more knowing the story behind. I'm truly sorry for your loss and I'm sending you my deepest sympathy. Love from France, Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Your project is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm so very sorry about the death of your husband.

Evelyn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the idea of this reminder by your door, it's Beautifully done and with the card, I suspect it helps, I hope it does. Keep strong my friend, with loving thoughts
Faith
x

Esther Asbury said...

Kate, I still think of you often and pray for when I do. Love the reminder station you created near your front door with your handmade art and the memorial card. Hugs, Esther

Migdalia said...

Simply beautiful my friend...Its good to know that you have support from family & friends and that you & your family are forever in my heart & prayers...
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Bobby said...

This is such a great mantra, Kate. I think of you often and continue to pray for your peace and strength.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This is a very powerful message!!! I love it! So creative and inspiring! This should be in every house for when time gets tough!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you again next week!
x Zoey

Snippety Do Dah said...

Kate, this is beautiful! What a wonderful way to reassure yourself daily, but also to remember your husband. Trust in the Lord!

Sherrie K. said...

Kate, this is wonderful! I think of you often and can't imagine what you are going through. I continue to pray for you and your family my sweet friend. I am so happy you have a great support system to help during this difficult time.
Hugs,
Sherrie K

Heather said...

Kate, this brought me to tears. What a wonderful tribute to your husband and what a testimony to God's grace. It is wonderful that for the most part you and your family stay positive. Of course, things are very different but they will be okay. Hugs, my friend.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Oh, Kate! I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! Your project is beautiful! What a wonderful reminder of your husband. Everything will be ok . . . With God's help, somehow it always is. Sending hugs and prayers your way. Kimberly (my craft spot)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>